Okay, I have 20 minutes. I'll write fast haha.
P-Day:
My p day is actually Fridays. Just that first time it was on Saturday. So since we can't go to the temple, we just have a lot of time to write letters or stuff. I haven't heard any thing about being able to clean the temple yet.
Jolley:
Yes! He is the first counselor in my branch presidency! They're all really nice! And he said that I could meet Jessica when she gets home! He rocks! .....!
Fireside:
The fireside on Sunday was so good! It was a guy from the MTC board or something. He talked about how words can only go so far when teaching; you can't CONVINCE someone that the gospel is true. The important thing is that they feel the Spirit. The missionary's job is to give them the agency to choose for themselves if they want to accept the gospel. If the Spirit is there, He will witness to them that it is true.
And he also had two hermanas go up and share their story. One of them was a friend to the other and shared the gospel with her. And now they are both in the MTC together!
Other:
I'm not sure if you know, but my leaving the MTC date is February 13th. It's going to come so fast! I can't believe today is already Friday. I feel like I've been here only a few days.
Question:
President Larson is my branch president. He taught at 4th grade science at Shelly Elementary school in American Fork for like 14 years. Can you ask the cooks if they know who he is? He is really great, but many people in our district don't like how stricted he is on the rules. That'll change though :D
Anything else? I saw Taylor yesterday! It was so good to see my best friend! I've actually seen about 15 people I know, including Elder Hubler, a friend from EFY, a classmate from 4th grade, and that guy that went throught the Timponogos Temple for the first time with me! I'm not sure how I recognized him, but I did so I went up and talked to him haha.
I'm so grateful for my companion. He really works hard and likes to do what we are supposed to do. Other people do what they feel like sometimes. But our district is awesome! We are all good friends and are doing what we're supposed to. The next step is to use ALL of our time wisely, not just the necessary time to plan the lesson and then goof off. But that'll come soon.
So to conclude:
-'Dear Elder' -> Rocks. It saves time, is quicker, and more convenient (for me at least)
-Our district -> Awesome
-My companion -> Great
-Spanish -> All coming back very well (I am being so blessed.)
-MTC -> Fun and really good
-Food -> Tons. Really good
-Gospel Study -> So nice to have time to study!
I Love you all! Have a great Christmas!
Oh ya and a member of the 12 is supposed to come sunday, and the firsrt presidency might come near the end of January :)
Bye!
-Elder Derek Keele
No comments:
Post a Comment