Dear family,
I actually met Pres. Bruce's son too. He came to this mission for a week after finishing his in Buenos Aires North and before going back to the states. Cool!
I actually met Pres. Bruce's son too. He came to this mission for a week after finishing his in Buenos Aires North and before going back to the states. Cool!
I still haven´t got the package haha. The Zone Leader now told me
it is not in Calama. But another Elder just got a package this week that
was sent September 21st. So hopefully when my companion goes to
Antofagasta tomorrow, it will be there and he will bring it back. So
just wait a little longer on the card.
Something I would love is money to order church books. Once I get
my card, I don´t know how much would be okay. $20 would be amazing
though. The only way that people here can get copies of the Book of
Mormon or Bible is by ordering online because the nearest place to buy
things is in Santiago.
Oh and garments :D I´ll get the sizes and things to you next week. Thank you!
Last week MarĂa wasn´t quite ready for baptism, so we had to
postpone it a couple weeks. But nonetheless, we are working a lot with
her family now. Her two daughters, two granddaughters, and a
daughter-in-law. We hope to bring them all into the church this month :D
I learned a lot about faith and obedience. I know she will be even more
converted.
So my new companion is Elder Garcia. He is from Washington, but his
dad is Mexican. He was baptized in April 2011 and went into the MTC
July 2012. He has such a strong testimony and has greatly changed his
life. We get a long very well. I am learning more and more to
communicate. I sure that is probably something very important in companionships
and marriages. That way we follow the spirit better and make sure we are
both happy with decisions made.
Sorry for not writing much.
Got to go!
Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment