Friday, November 23, 2012

Elder Derek Keele- Nov. 19, 2012

Dear family,
This week has been a fun week. Well, actually not too fun. Elder Garcia has had a really tough week with family problems, not sleeping well, and his whole body aching. He is hanging in there though and we were still able to work a lot. Once he gets out and works he just seems to forget about everyone else and focuses on the people. That is amazing.
Maria Anch is still being stubborn. We´ll see what will happen with her. But whether she comes through or not, everything is in the Lord´s time.
But because of the cemetery thing we did on the day of the dead, we found a new family of 6! They are all really good and listen when we teach. We have seen many fruits from that activity. The only lame thing is the man in our branch whose idea it was is still not active again. He is a returned missionary, but has only been to church once since I´ve been in Tocopilla. There are a lot of returned missionaries that are inactive here actually. I´m sure there are many factors that are involved in this rather than in Utah, but it is still sad to see. I feel so grateful for the support that we have in Orem from all of the members. Being here where the church is much smaller must be a lot more difficult. But salvation is not free! We must obey!
Tell Jamie that that I approve of her and Travis moving to Orem [They are thinking about moving closer]. That seems like it would be such a big blessing to have us all close. Nothing replaces being with family.
And Nathan! That is awesome! Go carriage-man! I bet that was a lot of fun to be in the play. I loved the choir concert I was in.
Go Stephanie! Go all the way! I´m so glad you will still be in high school when I get back so I can come to your games!
Thanksgiving is going to be so much fun! I will miss the football, basketball, board games, and of course, food. My companion and I actually found some turkeys the other day. They were in someone´s backyard. We´ll see what we can do about the Thanksgiving feast :) haha jk
Well, I guess I should say a few things that I am grateful for :D I am grateful for a mom and dad who have raised me in the light and truth. Parents could raise their children giving them nice things like PlayStation and cars, but the greatest gift I think is to give them a good foundation in the gospel. I am so grateful for your constant examples of serving the Lord and putting Him first. I am grateful for my 7 brothers and sisters for putting up with me and spending time with me. You all rock! :) And also for the 2 other brothers I have now that take care of my older sisters. Thank you both so much!
Thank you everybody for the support and help and love that you have always given me. Thank you grandma, all of my aunts, uncles, and cousins, all of my friends, including all of our ward members. I feel so blessed where I have been put in this time and place. And I am so grateful now that the Lord trusts me to be here serving His children in Chile.
Have a great week with family everybody!

With love and gratitude,

Elder Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment