Friday. Time to write and think about home haha.
Well I should probably start by talking about Jessica. I had a meeting with our district president on Tuesday, President Brady, and I still am not sure how to take it. I told him that Jessica got home the week before and I said that President Larson and Brother Jolley told me that it would probably be okay if I met with her. President Brady said yes, it has been done in the past, but the first presidency discourages it. He said that only for very special circumstances would that be okay. So I told him okay, I didn't know. And then he said I would just have to wait for my p-day to write home and tell you too. I'm not sure how I felt. I went to our classroom and started tearing up because I wanted to meet with Jessica so bad! But as long as that decision is from the Lord, I am completely fine with it. I just had a hard time accepting it at first because I was feeling like it was just President Brady's opinion and he didn't care about me. But no! He is in a position called by God, so I know that the decision was the right one.
I'm so sorry that I can't meet with you Jessica! I know you'll understand and be okay though. Please write me and let me know how you've been! :)
So for the trek kickoff thing, I would say that the trek was super fun, and was very humbling to get just a taste of what pioneer life was like. It really helped me have a deeper respect and appreciation for what they did. The people that participated in the restoration of the gospel were truly remarkable and extremely faithful people.
This week has been really good! One of my most favorite blessings of being here in the MTC is the amount and quality of personal study time. I never thought that I could have so much I wanted to study for the two or three hours each day, and it feels like we still don't have enough time. And very frequently, I feel like I have never read the Book of Mormon before, or that pages keep getting added to it every day. I have found so many things in my studies that I had no idea were in the scriptures.
A cool one that I was studying this week was Ether 12. For half of the chapter, Moroni has a full conversation with the Lord on how we, the Gentiles, will receive his writings. He says that he was made strong in speech, but because of the awkwardness of his hands we would not be able to get what he is trying to say to us. But the Lord tells him, don't worry. Only fools would get caught up in your weakness. The humble ones will get the message. And that relates so much to trying to teach the gospel in another language! We may feel that we are not able to express ourselves in Spanish as much as we could in English, and because of that the investigators will not understand or feel our message. But like President Monson has said, the language of the Spirit is universal. As long as the spirit is with us, they will understand.
Oh ya, mom is there any way that I could get Taylor and David's weekly letters Dear Elder-ed to me? That would be wonderful :) And Jordan's of course. You must've been busy this week. Thank you so much!
Con amor, Elder Derek Keele
No comments:
Post a Comment