Hola familia,
That's so cool about the TRC. There actually is an Elder Redd in my zone, but he's going to Argentina. And you got to meet Elder Hubler! I've talked to him many times. He'll be a great missionary. I think the guy in the TRC office is Brother Alder or something. Yes, I talk to him every week on Monday night. We have workshops we go to. This week we went to his and it was great! It was my companion's favorite so far! I don't think I told you but I actually saw him at BYU too. He's super friendly.
Have fun at the reception! Tell Aubrey congrats for me!
This week for the devotional Elder O. Vincent Halek and his son Adam spoke. And the Littlefields were on the stand too! But they didn't speak. It was really good. Elder Bednar's advice has helped so much! I only write down what I feel as I listen, even if the speaker did not even mention what I write down. It really makes it more personal for you, you learn more, and the whole meeting is so much more beneficial. From the meeting I picked up that the Lord knows us so well, and He knows exactly what we are capable of. Like Nephi said, He will never ask us to do anything that is impossible for us or that we can't handle. And something else is that trials are just a test of your faith. When trials come up, stay strong! Know that the Lord is in control and have faith in Him.
Yes! I got to go to the temple today! It was so wonderful!
David Jellen comes in next Wednesday. I'm so excited to see him! And Taylor was supposed to leave the MTC next week, but his visa has not come yet so they are sending him to Ogden for the time-being. He'll do great though!
That is such a cool missionary experience! I'm proud of you mom! :D I love teaching. We only have practice investigators right now, but I still feel the Spirit every time, and I can't wait to share the gospel message with others!
Yesterday I had such a good personal study experience. I read Alma 32, and it took me over an hour. I learned so many things that I never even realized before. It is such a good missionary chapter.
I don't think I mentioned this yet, but I'm one of the only piano players in our district. Luckily there is another missionary that knows a little piano, but he only learned two weeks before he came to the MTC. So I get to play for Priesthood and Sacrament meeting :D I should've practiced more at home, especially as one of the priesthood piano players. But it's okay, I get time to practice during the week here so I can get through the songs haha.
Yes, I'll get on the UCCU thing. I took a look at it but haven't filled it out yet.
Well the time is up. Thank you so much for all of the packages and letters! I have gotten so many and I really appreciate them! I feel bad for some of the other guys in our district though that don't get very many at all. I'm so lucky that most of my family and friends are only a few miles away :)
Til next week,
Elder Derek Keele
No comments:
Post a Comment