Antofagasta was really good! We had a meeting with president and sister Bruce and they taught us a lot of the basic things and answered questions that we have had in our first few weeks. They are both amazing! And on the way back we got to see the sun setting on the ocean!!! It was so great! We didn´t go anywhere to take pictures though. I´m sure when I am serving in Antofagasta we´ll go to the rock arch that is near the coast. It´s been pretty hot, but not unbearable. The only bad part is that nobody has air conditioning. Just fans, and cold drinks. Haha so all those months of only using fans at our house has prepared me for this.
I´m so sad to hear about Uncle Wendell. I loved when they visited. They were always so happy and united. I´m glad that Aunt Arlene is doing okay.
Haha oh boy Jessica. :D I'm so glad that you are having a good experience with the TRC. All of the missionaries love it, and that is great that you are able to help them.
I´m sorry I don´t have much to write this week. My companion was sick last week so we weren´t able to do a lot. But still I think we´ve been able to help a lot of members and investigators. We have a lot to do to strengthen the branch though. And maybe by the time we leave it will be a ward. There are about 100 people that come every week. But there are still many less actives. We teach a lot of lessons, to less actives and members to try and strengthen them. Because when they stop doing the basics like reading and praying it is hard for them to see the point in attending church. We´re both feeling great now so this next week I´ll have a lot to write about!
Love,
Elder Derek Keele
No comments:
Post a Comment