Haha Vicky Stuardo wrote you on facebook. She is awesome! She is the girl form of stud. We
baptized her dad Victor a couple months ago, and she played a big
part in his progression. Her mom is also a member but was inactive
for a while. And Vicky got baptized in November, so yes, pretty
recent. Their whole family is really awesome.
Congratulations to Bert! That is awesome! He is a great example to everyone!
Is Jessica official now!? Alex sounds like a great guy that has a
plan. If she gets married while I´m here that is going to be super
weird:P
Thank you for sharing that Mom. I´ll read the Living Christ again this
week. I love experiences like that where the Spirit testifies so
strongly that something is true!
Just last night we talked to a lady in the street. She used to
investigate the church, but stopped because of all the rules,
commandments, callings, and other things that come with the Church. I
felt to testify to her that that is exactly true. There are a lot of
things that come with being faithful in the Church. And that is why we
need to pray and ask Heavenly Father if those things are from the men
in the chapel or are really from Him. I felt so strong after that
came out, that the commandments ARE from God. And her face changed to a
face like ¨That´s true¨. I know the Spirit testified to both of us. I
pray that she will remember that and act on it when we go to her
house to teach her.
Congrats, NATHAN! STUD! I bet it is going to be really hard doing all
that, but you will enjoy it all. I´ve heard ballroom is really fun.
You and Samuel are going to have such a fun senior year! Good luck
with Jamba Juice!
Sister Huffaker! She and Brother Huffaker sent me a package in the MTC
for Valentines day. Tell them thank you so much and that the candies
were delicious! And I will write them.
This week was really good and then sad. We had specific goals for our
zone this week that were fun to work towards. We worked hard and got
everything until it came to church time. None of the people we are
teaching came :( People in our branch had even brought some of their
friends to church, so they brought more than we did. (Which
shows you how awesome our branch is. All of our members rock) But that
made me and my companion feel really bad as missionaries. We´ll just
have to work harder, smarter, and listen to the Spirit this week
better so that we can help more people. Other than church, it was a
really good week. We found a lot of new people to teach.
Hermana Alexia, the member at whose house we Skyped, wants a good
cookie recipe. Just old fashioned Chocolate Chips :D And also the
really good no-bake recipe that says ¨Snappy Eating¨ would be really
nice :)
Last week I found out I could put conference talks on my flash drive
and use my companion´s speakers to listen to them. I love listening
to Conference! Some talks have already helped me by advising what our
people need to hear. I know that the Apostles are inspired and are
all called of God.
Well, it is great to hear that Dad and the brothers were able to go
camping. I always loved the Father´s and Son´s camp outs.
Thank you for everything family! I can´t believe I have nearly been
out 6 months! Time is flying here. I don´t know how I have deserved to
be able to be where I am. It is amazing, and I love every day. :D Keep
staying strong as a family, and in the gospel always!
Love, Elder Derek Keele
No comments:
Post a Comment