Go Josh!!! He hasn't written me yet, but hearing that he got his
call makes me so happy! :D And Derek Bradshaw too! Where is he going? He
is a man. And I am so thankful for all of the years that he has always
been my friend. He would always treat me with respect, even when others
in school or on sports teams didn't. Derek is a man. He is going to be
such a great missionary!
Last Monday night, we had a meeting with an investigator, Gido Ruiz.
His wife and son got baptized two years ago, but for some reason he
left them soon after. After he left, Edith, his wife, thought that that
was a sign that she made a wrong decision, so she never went to church
again. But now we found her, and found Gido one day while he was
visiting them. He really wants to change all of the mistakes he has
made, and wants to get closer to the Lord.
So last week they went to church as a family. Monday night we met with
them and I was so overjoyed to hear what he said. He said that those
few hours in the church, he felt such a peace and calm. But when the
meetings were over and they left the church, it went away. He asked how
he can feel those same feelings of peace and comfort the rest of the
week, as we return to our lives? I was so excited to hear that! Any
missionary would be! I said Yes, Gido! That is exactly what the gospel
is
for! We can receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, and he can always be
our companion. I challenged him to be baptized, but he said he is not
ready.
So last week we had our interviews with President Bruce on Thursday. I
told him about Gido and he told me what we needed to do. (And in fact,
the assistants asked if there was any way we could have a family night
with Gido that night and invite President Bruce because they were going
to be there all day, but Gido had to work so he told us we couldn't. We
almost had a family night with our mission president! Maybe next time.
:/)
They didn't go to church this week so we felt pretty bad because if
they tell us they don't want to get baptized and then they don't go to
church either, that usually means we have to drop them and focus on
those who are ready. But we "just happened" to be doing contacts next to
their house yesterday after church, and they "just happened" to be
outside. They insisted that we stop in for a little bit. We even tried to
say no, but they insisted.
So we were there and we realized we had never even taught him the 1st
lesson, the restoration. We asked him if he had known anything and he
said he hadn't. (Obviously we missed something very important!) The
lesson was so good. We all felt the Spirit so strong! And luckily it
happened so I got to be the one to recite Joseph Smith's words of the
First Vision. It was my favorite time that I had ever done it! :D We will
keep praying that he recognizes what he has already felt, and that he
sincerely desires to find the truth and change. He is so ready! And this
will bless his whole family! He hasn't moved back in with his wife yet,
but is at their house almost every night now. I love the gospel!
In my interview last week, President Bruce told me that it is probably
time for me to go now. I have been in this same sector for 6 months, a
fourth of my mission, and from the beginning of my mission haha. I think
he is right. But I learned from Jessica experience. I am not going to go
around and tell everyone I'm leaving until I am sure I know. haha
Thank you for everything! Especially your example! I love you all! Take care and enjoy every day! :D
Love,
Elder Keele
No comments:
Post a Comment