Monday, July 30, 2012

Elder Derek Keele, July 30, 2012

Josh still hasn't written haha. Maybe he did Dear Elder so it will take longer. Atlanta, Georgia! Cool! I am so glad he is going!
Nathan = Super Stud
Derek Bradshaw = Also a Stud. That is so good for their family!

I am at last leaving Alto Hospicio. It was a hard Sunday, but I am excited for change. I'm going to Tocopilla, just a little more south. There are only 4 missionaries there, one branch I think. And a famous soccer player's mom, Alexis Sanchez (Chilean but plays for Barcelona), lives there. Not a member, but we'll see ;) haha
My companion is Elder Diaz. I think he is from Chile, and this is his 2nd transfer. I've heard the air is pretty polluted there, so we'll see how that goes. I'm still pretty fat so hopefully the pollution and my new companion won't keep me from running in the mornings haha
I am still going to be in the same zone as Elder Howard! He is going to Calama, so I will probably only see him once a week, if that, but still! We're still together!
Elder Hertler is staying in Arica still.

This last week here was pretty neat. We found a lady one morning that invited us in. We shared the first message and asked her to end us with the prayer. In the prayer she thanked God for sending messengers at this time because the night before she had had a strange dream. When she finished praying, Elder Santos asked if she would like to share her dream. She told us she was with her family and she was being followed by a lot of people. She was really scared and panicking, when somebody handed her a cross. All of the fear went away, and then she woke up.
Can you imagine hearing this! We could barely hold our excitement! Hopefully Elder Santos (who is staying here in Alto Hospicio) will be able to keep me updated on her progress.
Then on Saturday our branch had a couple baptisms. The father of a family and his daughter. The mother was the only member, but the whole time I have been here she has been fully active and always happy. I know because of her example the father decided to listen to the missionaries. And now they are together as a family! I can't imagine how hard that would be to be the only one and always have a positive, energetic attitude. What an amazing lady :D There are many people like this, not only in this branch but in the world, and I have the utmost respect for them. I have been so blessed, and staying strong in the gospel hasn't cost nearly as much on my part. What can I do to show God I have the same strong testimony as these people? I'm not sure I can, other than fulfilling my calling every day the best I can. I love being a missionary and am so grateful for these two years.
The mission goes by so fast! I nearly have 8 months! And I am just now leaving my first sector haha.
I am very excited to work with a new branch, and I know I will miss everyone here so much. The branch of Tarapacá is the best!

Enjoy the family vacation! Love all of the time you get to spend together! ....sob, sob... haha just kidding, I'm not crying. But I do miss all of you very much!

Be safe!

Love,
Elder Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment