Monday, July 23, 2012

Elder Derek Keele, July 16, 2012

We had a Zone Conference last Friday! President Bruce is so good at teaching and really does receive revelation. I learned A LOT of how important it is for us to act and do things. We cannot just pray for things to happen if we do not do everything we can. As missionaries, he told us a lot of us pray that our investigators will go to church, that they will change and see the blessings and decide to go. But we can teach people many times, very strongly too, but because of the culture in Chile, they just decide to stay home. (No joke, they have a holiday every other week, and at least once a month, they have Mondays where almost nobody works.) So as missionaries, we really just need to do all that we can. We can go pick them up, have their day all planned out for them so they are set, go help them clean or cook food Saturday, just everything. Then once they get to church a few times, they will grow that desire to be there more and more. But we can`t just pray that they will have that desire right off the bat. We have to help them.

In Alma 31:35, the sons of Mosiah pray to have the power and wisdom to help the people. They do not just pray that they will all change. They know that we must do all we can.
´Faith without works is dead´ We must have faith, do all we can, and the Lord will help everything work out. And then we gain testimony after. But we must have faith first. 
Last Saturday the two other Elders in our branch had 5 baptisms! A family and two other cousins of members. It was a lot of work for everything to work out. But it did! I felt like I was working at the Shell again, running every where and organizing people.
Playing piano has helped so much. It turns out I am the only missionary in our Zone that can play. Learn piano Nathan! And especially, hymns! I wish I would have practiced more. There aren`t that many that I am really confident with yet, and there is almost no time to practice. 
Well I have to go now, sorry I couldn't´t get your email, Mom. We just had to write earlier today.

Love, 
Elder Keele 

No comments:

Post a Comment