Monday, September 17, 2012

Elder Derek Keele, Sept. 17, 2012

Dear family,
Yes. I am staying in Tocopilla! I love it here and am so glad I get to
keep serving the people here. They are all amazing! We will be meeting
with Esteban this week. We haven't talked to him, yet but I'm sure he
still feels the same way about the gospel. There are two more
Sepulvedas that we are working with now. Juana`s two sons are here for
a few weeks for the holidays, and one of them is already interested.
Tomorrow is the Chilean Independence Day! The 18th of September! Elder
Días was telling me that he is missing all of the celebrations that
his family and friends are having right now. He said it started last
Friday and ends this Thursday. Six days of partying! He said there are
carnivals everywhere in Santiago and all the food and games and stuff
are pretty cheap. And, of course, a lot of asado (BBQ). Tons of meat!
We already had a food celebration last Saturday. We ate lunch at a
members house (like always) but she gave us so much food! Mainly
french fries. It was the first time I got full since I left Alto
Hospicio. It was so much! And so good!
We were talking with Roberto last night and he was telling us about
all of the other religions. He told us that there is no doubt in his
mind that this is the true church. Something I remembered that an
apostle (or maybe President Wilson haha) said, is that the phrase "Ask
and ye shall receive" appears the most in the scriptures than anything
else. Thinking about that and how it may be confusing for people to
find the right church, but that is exactly how you find it! By praying and
asking! Many other churches just use reason or tradition or worldly
desires to attract people to their churches. But the true church of
Jesus Christ is found by those who sincerely ask and seek.
Thank you so much for sharing your feelings about the apostles. Elder
Días and I have discussed a lot about the current-day prophets and
apostles the last few weeks. They are truly amazing people that know
Christ and have no desire to do evil. I really can´t express how
excited I am for conference, largely because most of the converts are
planning on going, and I know they are going to love it. Roberto
continues to keep reading the Liahona and other talks given by
prophets; this will be the first time he will get to hear them speak
live :D
Thank you for sending me that package and for telling me about Jamie,
Jessica, and Jordan. I can´t wait to read everyone´s letters!
The church is true.
And I am so blessed to be where I am.
Love,
Elder Keele

Oh ya, and exciting news! A girl in the branch got her mission call to
Salt Lake Central South Mission, the one that is in Sandy and Murray
area. She is so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment